Chris Pirillo brings us this review of the Dragon Dictation App running in his iPhone 4.
Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition application powered by Dragon NaturallySpeaking that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. In fact, it’’ up to five times faster than typing on the touch keyboard.
With Dragon Dictation you can also dictate status updates directly to your Social Networking applications (Facebook and Twitter) or send notes and reminders to yourself, all using your voice. So when you’re on-the-go, stop typing and start speaking – from short text messages to longer email messages, and anything in between.
Languages: Dragon Dictation currently supports U.S. English, U.K. English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
It is a free App
- Voice-to-text transcriptions that may be sent as SMS, Email, or pasted into any application using the clipboard
- Submit text to Social Networking applications – Twitter and Facebook
- Convenient editing feature that provides a list of suggested words
- Voice driven correction interface
- Dragon Dictation requires network connectivity (WiFi or 3G/EDGE).
- Dragon Dictation works on iPad, iPhone, and on second and third generation iPod Touch (external microphone required).
I’m finding Dragon to be a much faster, more efficient way to spit out e-mail messages, notes, text messages and Twitter updates. It’s really, really cool.
– David Pogue, The New York Times
Put this into the I didn’t think they could ever get this to work on an iPhone category. I’m talking about Dragon Dictation from Nuance, the developers of the very popular Dragon Naturally Speaking for the PC.
– Mel Martin, TUAW
Post author: Daniel Semper